So on Saturday, the lovely Lillian Connelly over at It’s A Dome Life called me out to answer some questions. After which we bonded over Donkey Kong. Don’t ask. We’re weird. But anywhoo. Take a look at her answers and make a point of checking out her epic art while you’re there.
1. What are you wearing? Dude…what is this Penthouse Forum? Mind out of the gutter. I’m wearing a black strapless sundress and fuzzy purple slippers.
2. Ever been in love? Yup! I came close to marrying someone which if you know me now, is kinda hilarious.
3. Ever have a terrible break-up? More than one but one was worse than the other…..that being the guy I almost married. Any time you’re with a person that long and it gets that serious, the break-up can never be pretty.
4. How tall are you? I think the correct question is, how short am I….and that would be 5′ 4″
5. How much do you weigh? Yeah, not answering that. Who asks that?
6. Any tattoos? More than 5, less than 10 and less now that I will have by the time I’m done.
7. Any piercings? Less than I used to have. 3 in one ear and 2 in the other as well as my tongue.
8. OTP (One true pair, favorite fictional couple?) The only answer to this is Jamie and Claire in Outlander.
9. Favorite Show? Right now it’s a toss up between Game of Thrones and American Horror Story oh and Adventure Time….shut it, Lumpy Space Princess is spirit animal.
10. Favorite Bands? I’m a rock chick at heart so I’m gonna say Nine Inch Nails, Led Zeppelin, Linkin Park and many others.
11. Something you miss? Cellphones before Siri, TV before The Bachelor and music before Taylor Swift. Bottom line, I miss simpler times.
12. Favorite Song? I don’t have one actually. I love too many to narrow it down and for me, music is memories. Certain songs remind me of certain people and certain times in my life.
13. How old are you? 29 Forever!!! Ok, I’m 30. Shut it.
14. Zodiac sign? Capricorn
15. Quality to look for in a partner? Passion…not that kind you perv. I want someone who’s passionate about something. Their job, a hobby, a cause, their friends, their family. I don’t care what it is. But be passionate about something.
16. Favorite Quote? “I used to care what people thought about me, until one day I tried to pay my bills with their opinions” – Steve Maraboli
17. Favorite Actor? Ok, there’s favorite actors….and actors who I secretly imagine having babies with. The answer to both those questions is Michael Fassbender and Timothy Olyphant and Tom Hiddleston in no particular order.
18. Favorite Color? Purple
19. Loud music or soft? Loud. Rock chick, remember? I do yoga to Rage Against the Machine if that’s any indication.
20. Where do you go when you are sad? When I’m sad I hide in my apartment.
21. How long does it take you to shower? 10 minutes? This totally depends on deep conditioning my hair, exfoliating and any hair removal that must be done.
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Depending on if I washed my hair and have to dry it, or if I just need to slap some mascara on. 30-40 minutes for the former (again, I have a lot of hair) and 10 minutes for the latter.
23. Ever been in a physical fight? Nope but I have hit someone.
24. Turn on? Good Grammar and a sexy accent go a long way.
25. Turn-off? Being arrogant or a snob. Basically if you’re full of yourself I think you’re the biggest asshole on the planet.
26. The reason I started blogging? I wanted to practice my writing in a forum where people would actually read it. Presuming people are actually reading this…..
27. Fears? Heights and spiders.
28. Last thing that made you cry? Watching this YouTube video about this poor abandoned dog that’s family moved away and just left him. Some charity picked him up and was able to help him but seeing how scared, and dirty and hungry he was just broke my heart. I’m a total sap when it comes to animals.
29. Last time you said you loved someone? Just got off the phone with my Aunt, it was her Birthday and she just got back from a trip to Europe.
30. Meaning behind the name of your blog (That Ash Girl)? That Ash girl is just who I am, and honestly I’m kinda snarky and not always laughing with you so it’s pretty self explanatory.
31. Last book you read? I just finished Heir of Fire….it’s like the Game of Thrones of Teen Fiction. There’s fairies, there’s dragons, there’s snarky assassins.
32. Book you are currently reading? Currently reading Wolf Hall because it fulfills my history nerd inclinations.
33. Last show you watched? I’m binge watching the first 2 seasons of The Mindy Project on Netflix. And when I mean binge watched I mean Netflix has prompted me twice asking if I was still watching.
34. Last person you talked to? My Aunt as mentioned above it was her birthday and she just got back from Europe.
35. The relationship between you and the person you just texted? Last person I texted was my friend Katie. I met her through the in real life book club I belong to.
36. Favorite food? Tea, wine, whisky….ok those are all beverages. Cheese and chocolate covered almonds. Not at the same time though.
7. Place you want to visit? Paris is next on my travel bucket list.
38. Last place you were? Are we talking physical place or like last place I travelled to. This is vague. I was previously in the kitchen?
39. Do you have a crush? Do 30 year olds have crushes? Yes, yes they do and because it’s a fictional character I’m totally not admitting to it. Ok it’s Jamie. He’s been my book boyfriend for like 10 years and counting.
40. Last time you kissed someone? My neighbors Rottweiler just love mauled me in the elevator. Does that count?
41. Last time you were insulted? I don’t actually remember. I’m guess that’s a good thing?
42. Favorite flavor of sweet? Grape. Strange I know but I like things that taste purple.
43. What instruments do you play? I play the piano and can strum a basic cord on a guitar. I do a mean Guitar Hero solo but most people don’t actually accept that as a proper instrument.
44. Favorite piece of jewelry? My silver Return to Tiffany bracelet.
45. Last sport you played? Does beer pong count? Kidding it was baseball.
46. Last song you sang? Enjoy the Silence. Yes I totally rocked out to Depeche Mode while doing laundry.
47. Favorite chat up line? Do you have a Band-aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you. Seriously. How awesome is that line?
48. Have you ever used it? Nope. I’ve never actually hit on a guy before. This could be why I’m single but it’s true.
49. Last time you hung out with anyone? Had brunch with some friends earlier and am currently hanging out with my furbaby Jasper.
50. Who should answer these questions next?
My sister’s from other mister’s Katie @wordsforworms and Chrissy @quirkychrissy as well as newly returned blogger Annie Jay @TheGrowUpPlan because they’re cool chicks.