OK so I started “seeing someone.”
No not a guy. A therapist. OK, actually she’s a social worker. But bottom line, I started talking to someone because I’m tired of feeling well tired. Not physically tired but mentally and psychologically.
|Best Cry Face EVER!|
Now I’ve seen some immediate benefits and had a few “Ah ha!” kinda moments but what I’ve noticed the most is that going to therapy has turned me into a big bawling baby.
- I get good news, I cry
- I get bad news, I cry
- I’m tired, I cry
- I’m stressed about work, I cry
- Something disappoints me, I cry
- Something really cool happens, I start crying
- I read a book with a sappy ending, I cry
- I read a book with a horrible depressing ending, I cry
- I watch a depressing documentary on Netflix, I cry
- I go to therapy, I cry
- I get home from therapy, have a shower and have a substantial cry
You get where I’m going with this? I feel like I’m crying over everything and it’s driving me insane. I am not a crier. I mean seriously. My grandfather passed away, I didn’t cry at the funeral. I’ve broken up with boyfriends totally dry eyed despite how upset I actually am at the time.
Now? A fucking Hallmark commercial can make me cry.
I get that this is normal and blah blah, emotional release, it’s healthy. But it’s pissing me off!!
So brain, hormones, whatever it is that’s making me cry all the time, can we cut this shit out?
P.S. Am I mental? Did any of my therapy going friends experience this?