Confession time people.
I have an addiction to LUSH products.
To start, I have fairly sensitive/dry skin and because I’m very fair it means that any skin irritation is VERY noticeable. Having sensitive skin, or reactive skin, means it doesn’t like fragrance, chemicals or other fun things that are in many beauty products.
I have to mention for a moment, that I actually hate going into the LUSH stores (sorry but it’s true). They’re crowded, I feel like I’m going to bump into a mountain of precariously stacked soaps and knock the whole thing down. That and because many of the products are unpackaged, the smell is overpowering.
But onto my obsession…..
I pretty much use a LUSH product on evry part of my body from hair stuff to shower stuff to lotion stuff to face stuff to foot stuff. That’s a lot of little black pots.
But for anyone who’s got sensitive skin or just wants to use some products that smell yummy in a natural way (think citrus, oatmeal and cocoa butter) here are my recommendations.
1. Rehab Shampoo – I use this as my clarifying shampoo and it doesn’t dry your hair out at all. And it smells fantastic.
2. Skin Drink – this facial organizer is incredibly soothing. It’s a great go-to daily moisturizer that’s not oily and doesn’t irritate skin while at the same time is pretty soothing thanks to Avocado and Aloe
3. Cosmetic Warrior – this facial mask is awesome if you’re skin decides to go nuts and break out. It’s got garlic and tea tree oil and doesn’t dry you out (although if your skin is SOOPER dry or cracked it’s probably not a good idea.
4. Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner – this is like an in-shower body mask that you use after you wash (but you rinse it off). If helps with dry skin as it’s very moisturizing and honestly smells AMAZING thanks to Rose, Vanilla and Argan Oil.
5. BUFFY – this is basically a brick shaped exfoliating bar. You use it on wet skin (but don’t necessarily wet the bar) and you rub it on anything that needs exfoliating. Backs of arms, elbows, knees, legs. You name it. And because of the cocoa butter, it’s moisturizing.
6. Bath Bombs – these are totally frivolous but they’re pretty smelling, makes the water feel fantastic and I like a good soak in the bath so these are a nice treat.
7. Dream Cream – this is my go-to body lotion. Seriously, for dry skin this stuff is great. It doesn’t have the greatest smell but it’s natural smelling with oats, camomile, rose water etc. I slather this stuff on when I get out of the shower.
8. Silky Underwear Dusting Powder – this is also kinda frivolous but it’s basically a non-talk based baby powder. Honestly, it just makes your skin soft and pretty smelling. They say it helps absorb moisture and it does but it’s not really going to stop serious sweat.
9. Volcano Foot Mask – this is an exfoliator, moisturizer, deodorizer….you name it, it does it for your feet. Doing an at home pedicure? You need this.
10. Mint Julips Lip Scrub – I tend to get dry lips in the winter (welcome to Canada) and this was actually given to me as a gift and it was awesome for sloughing off dead skin. But I have to admit, for the price, I wouldn’t buy it again. My mom taught me years ago to deal with dead skin you basically get some Vaseline and a toothbrush made for babies (aka softest ever) and use both on your lips after a shower. Scrub scrub. Dry lips gone. Then slather on your best healing lip balm and you’re good to go!
So this is my top 10. I’ve tried a few other body lotions or soaps but these are the things that I’d buy again (or do buy on a regular basis). That being said, my biggest issue with LUSH is the cost, their stuff is pretty expensive. Yes it’s vegan and organic and they’re against animal testing (yay) and they use minimal preservatives and additives, but some of their stuff is EXPENSIVE. Also, their soaps and many of their bath products don’t come in a package, which although better for the environment makes it difficult to store at home over multiple uses.
Do any of you guys shop at LUSH?
Do you love it?
Do you have a love-hate relationship with it?